Hello there, fellow reader.
Why this project? It’s simple. I’m fan of linux and customizability it gives to you. I can spend hours customizing and tweaking my environement. But changing config and doing reload is something I don’t really like. It makes tweaking my WM clunky and slow. That’s why I want to create something that will allow me to choose colors with live preview. I hope at least one person other than me will find this project useful, at least once.
Why elm? Initially I wanted to use React+Redux but I thought it would be too easy. Elm seems to be really interesting language after few presentations that I attended in Wroclaw recently. And it’s first functional language I’ll be using. It’ll be fun.
As for my project, here is roadmap I’ll try to stick to:
- Panel for adding tiles next to each other
- Color picker for borders, backgrounds and tile header text
- Saving colors as config
- Ability to split tile and make it possible to add more in that space
- Ability to add image as tile content
- Changing “desktop” background
- Importing colors from existing config values
Project source and preview is available on my github.